Pumpkin Cupcakes with Guilt-Free Frosting



I was going to call these "Basic Bitch Cupcakes", but good Lord isn't everything so basic and bitchy these days? Regardless, I have a major lady boner for fall right now. I'm so happy it has finally found NC! These cupcakes are the easiest way to hop right into the season and are equally as delicious with cream cheese frosting! Which is exactly how they will be featured at my yard sale this weekend.





Anyway, the sweet tooth kicked in at the grocery store today when I walked by the snack aisle. I resisted all the prepackaged goodies, but I couldn't shake my need for chocolate. I found myself in the baking aisle staring at cake mixes and frosting, thinking how delightful a spoonful of buttercream would be.







That's when I spotted the canned pumpkin.  It was like a jack-o-lantern turned on above my head!  I decided to give into my craving and maintain a little bit of healthiness in the process.


This is literally the easiest recipe you will ever make.  TWO ingredients, not including the frosting, but honestly you could eat these without frosting and be just as happy.



For the easiest cupcakes in the world
1 box white cake mix
1 can 100% pure pumpkin

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix cake mix and pumpkin in medium bowl.
Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray lightly with cooking spray.
Fill each cup 2/3 full of mix.
Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.


Simple and guilt-free frosting
1 box instant pudding (I used chocolate)
1 cup skim milk
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1T vanilla extract, or extract of your choice (I used agave nectar)

Whip cream cheese until smooth, add vanilla.
In separate bowl, combine milk and pudding.  Slowly add to cream cheese, mixing on low.
Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow frosting to set.


No comments :

Post a Comment