Quick Home Fries

I love potatoes. I am Irish, after all. I also love to make home fries with leftover potatoes, but sometimes there aren't any leftovers. This is when my stomach decides it NEEDS home fries with breakfast; usually after a night of drinking, of course. Well, I have a quick solution to this...


Ingredients:
1 baking potato, or 2-4 smaller potatoes (enough for 2 servings)
1/4 small white or yellow onion, chopped
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Cut potato into small bite-size pieces. Throw pieces in a bowl and microwave 3 minutes. Stir and microwave for an additional 3 minutes.
Preheat frying pan, add oil and onion. Sautee onion just until they start to soften. Stir in potatoes, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. 
Continue to fry, stirring/flipping potatoes often, until they reach your desire brownness. I prefer my home fries well-done.

Voila! Home fries from scratch in about 10 minutes. You really can't beat that. And if you DO happen to have leftover potatoes... follow the same directions, minus the microwaving. 

No comments :

Post a Comment