Crockpot Chicken Parmesan w/Zucchini Noodles

This will be the last time I cook chicken in the crockpot. I am not knocking recipes that use chicken in the slow cooker, I just think that my crockpot must run hotter than others. I found this recipe for Crockpot Zucchini Chicken Parmesan and it said to cook on low 3-4 hours (or high 6-8 hours). 


Mine was cooking for about an hour and a half when I checked the temp of the chicken and it was at 175 degrees! This happens every single friggin time. The chicken cooks too quickly and then I'm left with dry, gross chicken. HOWEVER, I think I caught this early enough. The chicken was still fairly juicy and I quite enjoyed the dish, in general.


Next time I make this, I will simply cook the chicken separately and add it when the sauce is almost done. The sauce can be done on the stove, or in the crockpot, but again, it doesn't need to cook for 3 hours!











I changed a few things from the original recipe, so take a look at the link above to see other options.







Ingredients:
For the Sauce
1/2 cup water
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp basil
Pinch of dried bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

Veggies
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, sliced into thin strips (like noodles)

Meat
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

Dairy
1 cup shredded mozzarella 

Directions:
Add all ingredients to the crockpot. Cook on high 1.5-3 hours, depending on how much of an asshole your crockpot is. I recommend checking the temp of your chicken around the 1 hour mark. 

For the last half hour, turn the crockpot to warm and sprinkle the cheese on top to melt.
Serve HOT, but don't burn your tongue, idiot!

If you're like me, you probably have a sweet tooth after eating sauce. Might I suggest: Chocolate Avocado Pudding


1 comment :

  1. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.

    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    Also visit my web blog :: Madden NFL Mobile Cheats

    ReplyDelete