Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole


It's the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do with this leftover turkey.  I can only eat so many turkey sandwiches and my husband isn't a big fan of leftovers to begin with.


I was perusing Pinterest for a recipe and came across one for turkey divan.  That gave me a great idea!  I could combine my leftover turkey, broccoli, AND gravy!


Only a few more ingredients were needed for the sauce and a starch to put the casserole over.




I made rice for my husband and rigatoni for me. Egg noodles would likely be better, but I didn't have any in the house and I'll be damned if I enter a grocery store for at least a week after Thanksgiving!
 

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded cooked turkey
2 cups cooked broccoli
1 cup gravy
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup white wine (optional, but adds great flavor)
1/2 cup shredded cheese, plus some to sprinkle on top (whatever you've got will work)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan, divided in half
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat leftover gravy in a medium sauce pan. When it starts to simmer, add milk, white wine, shredded cheese, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
Add turkey and broccoli, mix well.
Preheat oven 375 degrees.
Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer mixture to dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and a little bit of shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil, continue baking 5 to 10 minutes, until bubbly.
Serve over egg noodles or rice.

No comments :

Post a Comment