Protein Packed Skillet Dinner



I have made this several times and it is always great, but I swear this time was by far the best! I have finally perfected something already deemed perfect by my food tester (aka my boyfriend). 

This is actually his favorite dish. 

This super easy meal is packed with 28 grams of protein! An excellent post workout meal or quick weeknight dinner. 



Ingredients:
1 pkg Chicken Sausage (I used Aidell's Mango Jalapeno), cut into 1/8" slices
4 Cremini Mushrooms, sliced thin
A handful of baby spinach
1 cup onion, sliced 
1 can Mild Rotel w/green chiles
1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
8 oz Rotini (Barilla Protein Plus is my pasta of choice)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T Minced Garlic
1/2 T Oregano
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Once you add the rotini to boiling water, heat oil to medium in a large skillet.  
Add mushrooms, garlic, onion. Saute until soft and then add chicken sausage.
When the chicken sausage has started to brown, stir in Rotel, oregano, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Simmer and stir for 5 minutes. 
Finally, stir in the feta and top with baby spinach. Put the top back on and let the spinach wilt. 

Serve over rotini and love every moment of eating this.





No comments :

Post a Comment