For the Love of Honey


A couple of posts ago, I talked about my less than adoring feelings towards fruit and yogurt.  I've been playing with different ways to force myself to eat these things that are supposed to be so great for you, so I
went out and bought a few small containers of Greek yogurt, a quart of strawberries, a bunch of bananas, a bag of granola, and a bear of honey.  The best part was the bear!  I haven't had honey in years, I couldn't believe the bear was still around!  No pointy top, though...I'm still thrilled!
So ensued my new found love of honey.  It has this raw sweet flavor that slightly reminds me of tea (like Arizona Green Tea with Honey, duh).  There are so many recipes that either call for honey, or honey can be added to or substituted for.



Another awesome thing about honey, is that it's great for your skin, too!  And so I give you:

The Cinnamon-Honey Face Mask

I have very sensitive skin and this mask didn't bother me.  You might feel a little burn to begin with, but unless you think your skin is going to burst into flames, try to wait it out.  My face felt amazing afterward. The ingredients in this mask help with acne, redness, inflammation, dryness.  It's pretty much a miracle mask.

Ingredients:
  • 2t Cinnamon
  • 2t Nutmeg
  • 2T Lemon Juice (or Juice from whole lemon)
  • 2T Honey
  • 1T Olive Oil
Directions:
  1. Mix ingredients together until you have a nice, thick consistency.  
  2. Spread mask all over your face, avoiding the area around your eyes.  I suggest doing this part over a sink.  Leave on for 20 minutes.  
  3. Rinse with warm water.  Take your time rinsing and scrub you face gently while you remove the mask.
You should have plenty left over to use this mask one or two more times.

Let me know what you think!  Was it hard to handle the burning?  How amazing did your skin feel after?

**This is an adaptation from Beauty Anywhere.  I added lemon juice and olive oil to the mix.  Lemon juice naturally lightens the skin and makes dark spots disappear.  Olive oil helps to keep moisture in, while the other ingredients can be somewhat drying.  Any natural oil will do, that's what I had in the pantry.  I bet coconut oil would smell amazing in this!**

No comments :

Post a Comment