Year of the Pita





Yeah, yeah, it's been a while since I last posted a recipe.  Blah blah holidays.  Blah blah I'm lazy.  Anyway...
I'm really digging pitas at the moment, so I thought I'd give you all a couple of Ideas.




First, is a veggie pita with tzatziki sauce.  I searched around for the easiest recipe
I could find for tzatziki and ended up combining a couple based on my personal
tastes and what was already in the fridge.  You can find the final recipe here: Tzatziki Sauce
I shoved a pita full of veggies (cucumbers, banana peppers, lettuce, onion, black olives), and feta cheese and topped it off with a tablespoon or two of tzatziki.  Since there was a lot of leftover sauce, I had another pita the next day full again with veggies, but this time I added some grilled chicken.  It was delish!  I wish I had a picture to show you... but I don't.

The other spread I made for a pita is a cucumber cream cheese mix I based off of
Rachael Ray's recipe for Turkey Wraps with Cucumber Cream Cheese: Cucumber Cream Cheese
It was a little plain, so I added dried dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
You can go with her original recipe and wrap it up with turkey, or do the same thing as the veggie pita.
Grilled chicken would be great, as well, obviously!  What is grilled chicken not great with, really?

Don't forget the feta!

Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment