Single Girl Dinner: Veggie Burger and Cheesy Quinoa

I love that this box says "Better than Boca"!

Another night of no one to cook for!  I both love and loathe these nights.  I enjoy having the house to myself, but usually by about 8 or 9pm I'm bored to tears.  Unless, of course, I've had a couple glasses of wine.
For dinner tonight I will be having a Morning Star veggie burger and cheesy quinoa.  The burger will be topped with ketchup, spicy mustard, mozzarella cheese, romaine, pickles, and onion.  And here's the deal with the quinoa...

Cheesy Quinoa


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 2T butter
  • 3T grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3T shredded gouda
  • A sprinkle of black pepper, to taste


Directions:

  1. Melt butter in a small sauce pan.
  2. Add milk and Parmesan, stir until combined.
  3. Add gouda and stir until melted.
  4. Add quinoa, mix well, serve hot.


Super easy and if you have left over quinoa (like I did) this took a total of 10 minutes to make.  That include cooking the burger, which I did on the grill!

Let me know if you're liking these "Single Girl" meal ideas.  Back to real dinners tomorrow!             

No comments :

Post a Comment